Just a short word to say that I'm very much looking forward to going to #lilac16 next week.
I've been preparing the best I can: being an introvert at a conference is not always easy!
So far I have:
- Booked a hotel room near the conference venue so that I can retreat for quiet times if need be.
- Printed all of my itineraries, plane tickets, coach tickets, hotel bookings... And also saved everything on Google Drive...
- Studied the program and booked the talks I want to go to.
- Tweeted to all the presenters of those talks to say hi.
- Updated my twitter account for the occasion! :)
- Looked up some "escape routes": if I go to the networking event / conference dinner, I need the reassurance of being able to leave without having to wait for the official coach back. Big events like that are always very stressful for my little introvert heart!
- Practiced my presentation as best I can - I will be talking on Monday afternoon about teaching electronic resources to students with computer anxiety! Come and see me! I'm terrified that nobody will come...
- I also printed some little handouts with most of the content of my talk + references, just in case anybody wants one (come and ask me!).
- And finally, I followed this useful webinar on getting the most out of the conference (and practiced my sketchnoting at the same time...)
Are you going too?
How have you prepared so far?